Sunday, August 5, 2007

Sunday Preaching

Well, today I went to church, but the devil was trying to stop me. He didn't succeed! I WENT, WOOHOO! I was so tired last night that I was in bed by like 9:30, and didn't wake again until the alarm went off. The kids and I got up, and began getting ready. We all knew something was going on with Daddy. He was having a serious migraine that was making him sick. For him not to go to church, something has GOT to be wrong. I wanted him to go to the hospital, but he kept assuring me that he would be okay, and sent me on. (I did call his dad to come and sit with him, because I was being paranoid!) The devil did NOT want me to hear what our preacher( http://preacher55.spaces.live.com/ )was preaching! But boy did I ever! Preacher Howard was telling us how we are commanded to love others. It is not our opinion that matters, nor who we want to choose to love, but what we HAVE to do, as Christians! We are to love all people as God loves us! In 1 John 3:23, it says, "And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us." Sometimes it may not be easy, and it may not be what you/I particularly want to do, but we NEED to love others because it is what God is telling us. Isn't it great that God knew we would have to be told these things, and that He gave us the Bible as our guidelines.
One time I heard that BIBLE stood for Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. Sure that is something that someone came up with, but it caught my attention, and I've always remembered it! Until next time, love others!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post... thanks for the down low of the sermon this morning. I missed it because Sam got sick and I had to take him home.

Loving Others,
Chris Reeder

Susanne said...

Ditto what Chris said!! I was so glad for the recap!! You have gotten this blog thing DOWN girlfriend!!
Loving Others Too...
ESPECIALLY YOU!!!
- Susanne

Emily Anderson said...

Hey girl! thanks for all you help this weekend! It's wonderful to have such a great sister in Christ.

Visitors since 10-9-07