Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Ring a Ding Ding....

   Did you hear that?? That's right, it's that time of year again, the school bell is starting to ring. This morning, I started our boot camp, to get ready for Monday when the first day of school really is! Oh yeah, hooked back up the alarm clock in my son's room, pulled out the sets of clothes for both of my kids, and had a PLAN! Ugh, that alarm clock went off at 7:15, I DID NOT WANT TO GET UP! But, after I got started with the kids, I had to admit, it was pretty fun! heheh! I walked into my son's room, and he was just about to turn on his video game, oh, no, Big Boy!! Time to get dressed! You should have seen how quickly that bright-eyed bushy tailed face went to utter exhaustion! Oh Mom, why do we have to get ready so early?? Are we going somewhere? Where are we going? I'm too tired to get dressed this early! Do you know how much that made my eyes shine?!! (Yes, I know, that's kinda bad, but honest!) What? you may be asking? You know those times your kids out there, got you up before dawn, wondering if it was time to wake up yet!! For once the tables were turned, and I kind of enjoyed it! haha! My Little Girl handled the first day of boot camp quite wonderfully on the other hand! She is 4 and starting the Pre-K class at Big Boy's school, and is totally beside herself, so she can't be any happier! She quickly hopped into her clothes, got her hair fixed, ate breakfast, brushed teeth, and totally got ready for her day. Big Boy came around, when during breakfast, he learned that we were going to be making those little Perler Bead critter-thingies.

                               

All in all, day one-a success!

 Next assignment: day two, try to

be....                   

2 comments:

Susanne said...

Hi there!! Just wanted to let you know that it's PARTY TIME over at my blog!! Swing by and check it out!!!

Girl, I just love your blog!! You are so good at this!! So glad you decided to join us out here in bloggityville!!

And, we have started "boot camp" at our house, too! I've even started getting dressed and putting my "face" on first thing, before waking the kids. They are like "Mama, where are we going??" I told them "No where...it's just practice!!" Then they look at me like I am crazy!! HA HA!!

Hope you have a great afternoon!
See you tonight!

Priscilla said...

Kim, thanks for visiting my blog. It allowed me to link to yours. I am so dreading the start of school. Little Gary just blessed Charles' heart tonight in RA's. They were doing an activity relating to honesty and Charles asked the boys different questions and challenged the boys using a "truth-o-meter". Well, one question was if your mother was sleeping and told you that is was OK to play your Gameboy for 30 minutes but then turn if off and you played it for 45 minutes, when she woke up and asked, would you lie or tell the truth. Gary told Charles, "Mr. Charles, I don't have a gameboy but if I did, I would tell my mama the truth." Every other child said that they would definitely be tempted to lie. Charles thought that was so sweet. The truth-o-meter allowed you to lie big, medium and not so big. Charles of course told them in the end that a "small" lie like playing your gameboy too long was as bad as a "big" lie like saying you did not dent your dad's truck. I taught RA's last week and truly enjoyed Gary's company. He is a well-behaved, smart child that is a joy to teach. Keep up the good work!

Visitors since 10-9-07