Thursday, November 1, 2007

Update on Fall Festival

South Florence Baptist Church, in Florence, SC hosted our annual Fall Festival last Friday. It was a BLAST!! Despite the crazy weather, it rained and rained! Did it stop anyone from having fun? no. Did the church call it off? no. There were
  • 2 hay rides, (never stopping for the weather) It wasn't a bit spooky, until you went through muddy puddle, thinking, 'maybe it wasn't such a good idea to go hayriding in the rain!';
  • a train for the kiddos
  • a big 'ol bouncy slide-super slippery, from the rain, and all those youngins' little feet!! Yep, my daughter got about halfway up, informing all, "It's too slippery, I need help" Here I go, pulling off socks and shoes, make it halfway up Mount Everest, oops, I mean the steps. When, what to my wondering eyes should appear, but my little girl already sliding down. She didn't need help, I think it was just a ploy to get me up there!! haha! KIDS!

As if the slide wasn't enough, as soon as I wobbled off of there to get my shoes, I rounded the corner and all I felt was the squish, and the splash of stepping in a mud puddle! ---I may have lost that pair of socks to the garbage can, but I gained a whole lot of fun!

  • pit crew challenge-where people could race against the other player using tools to change the tires on the car
  • cake walk
  • other small carnival games
  • hot dog dinner

and finally,

  • "trick or treating" going from one Sunday School class to the next, getting candy from decorated rooms lit by orange lights and lamps

It was an absolutely wonderful time!! Remember us, if you're in the Florence area next year!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

500+ people on that rain filled night! God is good!

Visitors since 10-9-07