Monday, November 12, 2007

God's Precious Gifts

God has truely blessed me and my family. To outsiders, we may not have what the world thinks is the best, but we have so much more. All because God has given it to us. I have been studying in my Sunday School class about how everything belongs to God, and that we are only managers of it for a little while. This lesson was based on Job 1:20 "....the Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised." Without Him, I would have nothing. And let me tell you, for so long, my husband and I were living a life that was all about "us" and we didn't care about anything else. We wanted, just what we wanted. Life was hard, we struggled from paycheck to paycheck. As hard as we worked, we still didn't have much. Throughout those years, we were taken care of, God still had his hand on us, even though we were not giving Him the attention we should have. I can look back and see times in my life, that the Holy Spirit was trying to get ahold of me, to make me turn from my ways, but I continued wanting my "own" life. Until we moved here to SC, through the sermons from our Godly pastor, Howard Allen, and then an evangelist, Ronnie Owens, and my husband's changed life after becoming saved by Jesus Christ; my eyes hadn't been opened. I thank God for saving my soul, forgiving me of my sins, and guiding me with his precious Bible! God has kept my family safe through so many ins and outs, taught us how to give graciously, and continues to burden my heart daily, teaching me in the way I need to live. I am here to share with you, since turning things over to God, and coming to grips with the fact that "it's" not mine, it's God's, I feel more free and happier than I've been. I mentioned in an earlier post that I have a job now. I feel that this job, is a serious God-thing, because I had been wanting a job so bad, for this past year, but anything I tried, seemed to fall through the cracks no matter how hard I worked on it, until now. This job fell into my lap, and I know that it is only because of God and the way it happened. The things that have come full circle back to us, in unbelievable. I'm sure that the world still sees us as not having it all, but that's okay I have God, and that's all I need! I know that now. As Thanksgiving comes closer, I hope that everyone can look around and see all that God has given to you, and be thankful. I know I am.

4 comments:

Emily Anderson said...

This is a real encouraging post. Its good to be reminded of all the things God has given us and good, no great friends is definitly at the top of my list.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing that!

Keep on praising Him!

Anonymous said...

I am so prould of you ,Ijust wrote a long comment but it didn't go thru, sorry. you know how I am on this pc, but i love you & am so happy you are walking with our Lord so closely now.

Anonymous said...

When ya gonna start blogging again?

Visitors since 10-9-07