Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Got a Good Deal?

   A little about me, I LOVE to get a good deal! I am not really sure where it started, going to the store for my mom, watching Supermarket Sweep so much while I was pregnant (which is by far, one of my fav-O-rite tv game shows!), or just being excited by such great bargains. Anyway, I have to laugh at myself, because I was in the grocery store the other day, getting what was on my list, when I happened upon "a deal"! No, it wasn't on my list, but they were these burritos that were 3/$.99 (TAXCO Brand) I thought, "Hey, why not, that would be quick and easy" There were different flavors, but I got the flavors -Bean & Cheese and -Pizza (I thought, huhm.. like Hot Pockets maybe). 

    Moment of Truth:  This morning my hubby is just wanting something, says, "Hey honey, why not fix us one of those burritos?" Okay, fixed 'em. UGH! The bean & cheese needed serious salsa, and the pizza one, just needed a trash bag!! Some things are just better name brand! Here I come, next shopping trip, Patio and Hot Pockets! (The back of my mind is thinking about Aldi's, they have a brand of burritos that are like $.29, they are GOOD!)

   So, do you have any name brand items you swear by, or a deal too good, not to mention?

3 comments:

Emily Anderson said...

I'm going to have to take you shopping with me one day! May you can teach me a thing or two! Love ya

Anonymous said...

Girl, I loved reading your post. I can just feel the fun coming through your words.

racingirl said...

I can get by with generic brands,except I "HAVE TO HAVE" Jif peanut butter and Heinz Catsup. I have also found and tried a few "bargains" that weren't bargains at all.

Visitors since 10-9-07