Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Girls NIght Out

I had used up my last dollar that was taken from the dryer (haha! I collect any money I find & put it in a cup!) when I bought a ticket to our church's 1st ever Womens Banquet. It was a night of 4 F's. Food, fellowship, fun, but most importantly a faith filling message! The food was catered in-delicious! Fellowship-just what could be better than a room full of other Christian women?! Fun-absolutely! Full of faith-that was our guest speaker, Cindy Beard. She is a contributing author of She! magazine. But even more than that, she is a Christian with an awesome testimony!! Being a recovering cancer patient, she had stories that came from both high and low points in her life. At times I was crying from emotion, and the next minute, I was laughing so hard that I was crying! The message that rang out loud and clear, was this; God is faithful. God is always faithful! Thank you God! What a WONDERFUL time I had during this Girl's night out! I was thankful that I had spent my last four quarters! God is faithful, and I was blessed, as were many others that night!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you were able to find the money to go! She was awesome and inspiring and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting her! Can you believe she is my neighbor?????

Rachel's Story said...

I am so glad you enjoyed it. It was an awesome time! I can't wait for next year! Love you! Donna

Visitors since 10-9-07