Friday, September 21, 2007

Children's Church

At our church, we have started teaching children's church every third Sunday. When asked if we (my husband and I) would do it, it was a quick answer, yes. You see, we had been praying together that God would put us in a place that we could serve Him. Less than a week after we starting praying, doors were being opened! Children's church, is just one of them. So, let me tell you about it... Our Sunday was last week, and we prayed, and had read over the lesson, and was as prepared as we thought we could be. IT WAS SUCH A GOOD TIME!! There were 13 children, the Bible lesson was out of Genesis, and how God made the animals. There was a puppet show, Bible story, snack, a song, craft, and a game. The kids were even asking for more when their parents showed up! I am still so excited that I've been put in this position! My favorite highlight was when we prayed, a child asked if he could pray, and it was the sweetest most sincere prayer--my heart was blessed! Looking forward to next month's lesson and experience!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! Keep serving the King!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so thankful that we have such an awesome couple in our church that have a love for our children! It is hard to get people who will really put their hearts into serving in the area of children's ministry. Thank you for your enthusiasm, faithfulness, and love. Ya'll really are a blessing to our church and I know God is going to go a great work with your service!

Priscilla said...

We will be teaching children's church every fifth sunday....our first Sunday is this week! Pray for us and we will pray for you!

Unknown said...

Thank you for allowing me to use your material! Our class was awesome - the children had a great time - I think we had 13! They danced and sang and just had fun with Jesus. The drape was a great idea for the puppets - it worked well. Thank you for serving in the children's department. Our church will never grow without the support of our children's ministries!

Visitors since 10-9-07