Thursday, August 23, 2007

Prayers

   Hi everybody! When is the last time you stopped to pray for your children? Our preacher was preaching on this subject just last night.

   I am SO blessed to have two healthy children. God has given me that. Sure, my Big Boy had some issues at birth, but he overcame them, and you'd never know that there was anything wrong at all. MIRACLE!!

  Sometimes it is easy to get caught up in the day to day, and just take for granted all that has been given to me. I want to share a prayer request with you all, for a little cousin of mine, Rachel Smith, and her family. Her mom is my age, only a month older, so this hits so close to my heart.

   Rachel is an adorable, sweet, and busy two year old. To look at her now, you would not know anything is wrong. Unfortunately that is not the case, there is a battle going on inside of her body that has baffled many doctors over the past two years. There have been numerous tests, that just come back inconclusive, almost too many blood transfusions to count, and several stays in the hospital. They have teamed up with COTA

 They are preparing to take a journey, for Rachel to undergo a cord blood transplant. This is a process that will involve over a 6 month isolation, and about two years before they begin to talk about if the transplant was a success. This will be an emotional rollercoaster for all who love Rachel.

   I want to tell you a little about her parents. They are such strong Christians, you can tell after only spending a few minutes with them. They have such a strong confidence that can only come from having comfort from God.

   A representative from COTA, has been providing information about helping to raise funds for a transplant patient recently. Their first fund raiser will be tomorrow in New Bern, NC where they are selling lunch plates and accepting donations. It has been amazing to see how family, church, and community has started to pull together! Volunteers have already been saying how they feel God's hand all over this event. It is evident in so many things that have happened, strangers showing their kindness.

   I am asking that you pass this on to others, and more than anything, please pray for this little girl and her family. The Bible says that where two are gathered in His name, there he will be also. If you would like to follow more of this story please log onto Rachel's COTA website, it will be evolving over the next several months.  

2 comments:

Emily Anderson said...

I'll be praying for Rachel! I pray that God will do a miracle in her life.

Anonymous said...

I know I don't pray for them as much as I should. Thank you for the reminder of how special they really are!

BTW, thanks for stopping by!

Visitors since 10-9-07